Friday, May 11, 2012

Another Day in Paradise

by Jerry Albertus

Eric having a Zen Moment Before his Run
Hello from beautiful Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin.  We arrived last night at 1:00 am.  We are at Road America, another one of the fastest tracks in the country.  We are taking a moment this morning to reflect on what a great trip this year's One Lap of America has been so far.  It's hard to believe that we are almost back to the beginning of the circle.  A particularly big shout-out to this year's weather Gods... all through the week, the bad weather has gotten out of our way.  Today is no exception, sunny skies here with a forecast high of 74 degrees.  

Yesterday in my road race, I waived the Old Farts Racing Corvette around me, and they went on to spin out in a turn, ending up in the middle of the track in the tunnel, raising a big cloud of dust and slowing me to a stop on the track.  The good news was that we were all OK, the cars were fine, and we got going again.  I was super excited to drive in the drag race.  It was so fun!  The Old Farts team was matched up with me again, going on to place second.  We had a grand time!

Today, we will again have Ric driving in the morning going fast, and me in the afternoon trying to stay the hell out of people's way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment